The Ecotourism Society of Seychelles is a non-profit membership organisation fully dedicated to finding the resources and building expertise to make tourism a viable tool for conservation and sustainable development. The Society serves conservation professional and the community at large, government officials, eco-venture operators, guides, researchers, consultants, and other professionals striving to implement ecotourism projects. TESS is documenting the best techniques for implementing ecotourism principles by collaborating with a growing, local and global network of professionals activity working in the field.
TESS has the following long term objectives:
- Establish education and training programs in ecotourism
- Provide information service
- Establish guidelines and monitoring processes
- Build a national, regional and international network of institutions and professionals
- Research and develop models in the field of ecotourism